Boy howdy did I procrastinate this weekend.
Despite the fact that I have TWO essays due next week, I spent my time doing the following:
1) Watching every single World Cup game. WOOT! I am such a World Cup whore. I am such a football whore. I LOVE FOOTBALL! And I am *so* excited! WOOT! Who am I rooting for do you ask? Well, who do I always root for, bitches? DEUTSCLAND :) I even bought me a snazzy Germany hat! Of course, I am also rooting for France cause my favouritest player, Zinedine Zidane, is French and dammit he better win. I am also cheering for Argentina, the Czech Republic, Spain and Portugal and the Ivory Coast has stolen my heart DAMN THEM! Who am I NOT rooting for? BRAZIL! ENGLAND!
2) Playing with Hector! He and I slept together (mind out of the gutter folks, he's like my SON...except he's a dog) for the first time and he licked my face all night :)
3) Baking cookies! I am now sick of cookies and never want to smell them again.
4) Reading books that are NOT for school! WOOT! I read a fabulous piece of chick lit by Meg Cabot and then read a horribly depressing piece of non-fiction called Night. And of course, I read me some Sylvia Plath :)
So, erm., school tomorrow. BAH HUMBUG! BUT YEARBOOKS! WOOT :) :) :)
I think I'm going to go try and be productive now. Ciao!
P.S. I want a world cup icon dammit!
Boy howdy did I procrastinate this weekend.
This is my schedule for next week:
Monday-Politics Essay, Carp Article
Tuesday-Lit Essay (it's a HUGE essay)
Wednesday-Wissues Essay, Politics Presentation, Mod West Research Notes
Thursday-Law Essay, English Presentation
Friday-I don't even want to know.
Today was hectic and awful and miserable.
And I'm so worried about Hector.
My mom and I went to transfer him from his vet to the emergency clinic nearby where he can be monitored over night. When I saw him my heart broke. He had one of those coney things around his head and his right front leg was covered in a yellow bandagey thing that had all the stuff needed for an I.V. He was so weak he couldn't walk and all he does is poop blood. The vets gave him some medicine to stop the vomiting but you can tell he's still in a lot of pain. His eyes could barely open. When we took him to the emergency clinic, we stayed as long as they allowed us and then when we left he started to cry.
I just don't understand why he is sick. The vet said it's probably a serious infection and so they are treating him with general antibiotics. If he gets better, they might send him home with an I.V. tomorrow. If not, he might stay overnight. I just want him to get better.
This is what happened. So by now, most of you know that I'm sick. SO Wednesday night, my mom took me to the Bayview Walk-In Clinic to get a throat culture. We waited to see the doctor for like two hours and when she finally took us in, she stuck a swab down my throat and told me to go home and rest and the lab would call me in two days.
Three days later (today :P), the lab calls us at and says my swab came back positive for strep throat. They say that they have gotten my antibiotics ready and I should just go and pick them up at their pharmacy. SO, my mom and I go and wait for an hour and the pharmacist gives me the medicine. Now, I don't know anything about medicine but my mom does and she looks at the name and says, "Excuse me, but isn't this a penicillin based antibiotic?" The Pharmacist goes, "Yes, of course".
Now, for those of you who don't know I am severely allergeic to penicillin. We tell the pharmacist this and he says, "Well, what should I do?"
Maybe you should shove it asshole. First of all, I've been coughing and hacking like a fiend for two days, haven't eaten anything besides yogurt and soup for four days, minus the half slice of toast I force fed myself today. You finally have the medicine I need to take to get better but because of your incompetence and the doctor's, you give me medication that could have prompted a severe allergic reaction within me. THEN, you have the audacity to give me attitude. It's fucking ridiculous.
Although really, I shouldn't be mad at the pharmacist. He was just following the orders of the doctor that saw me and was obviously too busy too look at my medical file or ask me if I'm allergic to any types of medicine.
So now, I have to wait until tomorrow to start my antibiotics which means my recovery is delayed.
1. Jo and I are in big trouble. We might get suspended, we might resign. Who knows.
2. Everyone in my house is sick.
3. Everyone in my house is bitchy.
4. I have realized how petty people are and am thoroughly disgusted.
5. I STILL need to do ILRP.
Tomorrow, Julia is coming to lend us her support.
Tomorrow, I might get in lots of trouble.
Tomorrow, I might visit U of T.
Tomorrow, I might be grounded.
Tomorrow, I might cry in school.
Tomorrow, I might lose my cool.
Tomorrow, I might have the best day of my life.
Tomorrow, I might do something I've never done before.
That's it! I WILL have a work ethic from now on.
This means doing my homework after school, not going on MSN, not doing ANYTHING until I catch up to everything I missed.
This weekend sucked. It was rainy, it was cold and I'm sick (yes, sick again, I know, I've lost count too).
Bah. I have nothing interesting to say. I DO however, have an interesting link to post. This is a great article about Darfur, whether you know nothing about the issue or have read a bazillion books about it. Click here.
I had a very enjoyable time. Riva and her dad recorded themselves singing some prayers to the tune of the Spice Girls, I finally ate matza and (with much help from Riva) I won a prize of yummy dark chocolate (it's my favourite and it's healthy) which I have been eating all day.
The entire evening was joyous and educational and Riva's family is so cool and everyone's funny and smart and welcoming :) So yay for Saders.
In other news, I am baking a chocolate cherry cake for my father's birthday and soft chocolate chip cookies for the drive to Montreal. I found the recipe for the cookies here: http://cookie.allrecipes.com/az/AwardWin
Montreal tomorrow morning!